Thanks for checking out my media relations tab where you will get a snapshot of my experience in the world of media relations.
As you scroll down, you will see:
As you scroll down, you will see:
- detailed job descriptions
- writing samples
- videography & editing
- media tracking
- videos serving as an agency spokesman
- media event planning
Communications Director | Digital Director U.S. House of Representatives
- Serve as primary local media liaison for Representative Gaetz in Florida's First Congressional District.
- Handle media inquiries from local, state, national and international media outlets.
- I work with congressional liaisons to resolve congressional inquiries with federal agencies on behalf of constituents working to resolve issues they may be experiencing. Some of the agencies include: The United States Postal Service, The Office of Personnel Management, The Social Security Administration, The Department of Education, The Federal Aviation Administration.
- Other duties include: News Releases, Coordinating Press Conferences, Media Tracking, Produce flyers & infographics, Promote Events, Shoot and edit Video & Photographs, Manage the Official website and Social Media Channels.
Public Information Specialist, Pinellas County Sheriff's Office
- Serve as media liaison and spokesperson for Pinellas County Sheriff's Office in Tampa Bay area, (DMA 11).
- Handle media inquires including: News Releases, Public Records Requests, Coordinating Press Conferences, Respond to Major Scenes, Prepare others for media interviews.
Public Relations Director,Salvation Army
- In May 2015, I assumed the role of Public Relations Director for The Salvation Army of Coastal Alabama in Mobile, Alabama.
- Served as spokesperson of Salvation Army of Coastal Alabama.
- Handled media inquiries.
- Managed crisis communication responses.
- Facilitated media interviews and provided appropriate preparation for staff and news media follow-up.
- Planned media events resulting in frequent news coverage.
- Pitched a stories and interviews to media.
- Assisted with event planning.
- Produced marketing campaigns.
- Provided media tracking.
- Managed organization website and social media platforms.
- Produced marketing materials for the Salvation Army to enhance awareness which include web articles, brochures, flyers, photographs, graphics, online posts, news releases, forms and reports.
- Organized grand opening of new facility with special guests including local TV evening anchor as emcee and philanthropist & author, Chris Gardner as guest speaker.
- Organically generated more than 50 media spots (TV, radio, newspaper) within 7 months for organization; typical average is around 20.
- Increased social media brand awareness. More than 300 new Facebook followers and 200 new Twitter followers within 7 months.
- Wrote promotional stories for ‘Our Families in Need’ campaign that generated more than $188,000, an increase of $68,000 from the previous year.
- Produced (wrote script, laid out sequencing, coached talent) for a promotional commercial. WATCH
- Performed media public relations work publicizing The Salvation Army’s role in the Pensacola tornado relief circa February 2016 that was picked up nationally by The Salvation Army national headquarters. LINK
News Release Samples
Newsletters - Salvation Army
Writing Samples (Stories)